Matchwell is the free jobs marketplace that empowers healthcare professionals to take back control of their calendars. We are currently partnering with a top-rated Outpatient surgery Center in Munster Indiana to hire experienced Surgical Technicians
Pay range is $50.00/HR- $58.00/HR
Schedule: PRN- immediate need for specific dates especially Tuesdays in April and May – , MUST have spine experience.
JOB SUMMARY :
Under the general supervision of the Director of Nursing and the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse, the Surgical Technologist is responsible for filling the surgical scrub role on all types of minor and major surgical procedures. Assists physicians and nurses in various medical and technical procedures.
Surgical Technician requirements include :
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist is preferred – Spine experience a must .
- Two years previous experience as an operating room technician desired.
- Current BCLS.
- Bio hazardous waste disposal and housekeeping duties.
- Patient care and patient flow. Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Creates a safe environment in which surgery may take place.
- Uses medical equipment in a safe manner.
- Implements principles of medical and surgical asepsis in accordance with recognized national standards and hospital specific policies and procedures.
- Accounts for sponges, needles, instruments, and other potential foreign bodies.
- Supports other hospital personnel in the performance of their duties.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance available
- Disability, life, accident, critical illness, and hospital indemnity insurance
- 401k retirement options available
- Equal employment opportunity
Create your free profile at www.wematchwell.com/work to apply to this position and any others! Detailed information and required credentials are fully disclosed and available for review .
About Matchwell: Matchwell is a state-of-the-art platform for booking assignments, tracking timesheets, and organizing your credentials.